Saturday, July 9, 2011

Baby, really?? AHHH!!!

Quick Journaling 7/9/11--
I guess since I found out I was pregnant I just kind of forgot about it. Meaning that I didn't think beyond the pregnancy stage. At 34 weeks we had come to an agreement on a first name, working on a middle name still. I have had lots of back pelvic pain and the Braxton Hicks contractions have been as regular as blinking your eyes. I was sure that I was having the baby over the 4th of July weekend. Well last night Britt told me he wasn't sure about the first name we chose... ahhhhhh... ok, I am just not going to think about a name anymore until he is born, then I will just hope we bring him home not nameless :) I have been thinking the last couple of days about a sweet tender newborn and the wonderful spirit they bring, I am ready, I need some sweet tender feelings right now. Last Wed. I felt really good, Thursday night a little rough, and then Friday was my doctors appointment. I am now 36 weeks along and because of all the contractions and sharp pains and feeling like he is going to just fall out of me (and because I had to get my group strep b test) I had my midwife check me to see if everything I was feeling was maybe a big joke...
To my surprise (kinda) she immediately said... wow his head is RIGHT there!! You are 75-80% thinned (more on the 80 %) and dilated to a one. It kinda freaked me out because if I remember right I went in on a Thursday with Kaycen and she checked me and I was 90% thinned and almost a 2 dilated and baby's head super low and then my water broke that Saturday morning. So if I followed tradition my water will break tomorrow morning!! HOLY COW!! Freaking out a little over here.. not sure if its because I don't have a kid in diapers anymore so the whole 'baby' thing is going to feel so brand new again or what.. I guess it means I better get to a store and buy at least a 'coming home' outfit for the baby. I am almost scared to go anywhere that my water will just break! Last night I got up 4 times to use the bathroom and every time I said a little prayer, oh please, oh please not yet! Who says that at the end of a pregnancy?!!lol. When I left the doctors office I told my midwife I would see her next Thursday for my morning appt then I was going to have the baby Friday :) She said good plan, I almost think she thinks I will go before then but doesn't want to freak me out, lol. So, long story short, please pray that baby will stay put for one more week so he can be 37 weeks. Until then, Britt refuses to rub my feet (which put me in labor with Kaycen) while my feet keep swelling like water balloons... I think we need to go to Grandma's today so I can soak my legs and feet in the pool!

0 comments: