The 4th of July is kind of a tradition for the Briggs family to all get together. Friday the 2nd (my birthday) everyone arrived. That evening we enjoyed a very yummy dinner courtesy of Chiz's :) Then for our entertainment Britt's mom hired a Magician. We all kind of chuckled and especially because of where we live that he could be any good. Well did he prove us all wrong! He was AWESOME and had some really cool tricks. Kids to adults loved it.
Right when the Magician arrived Kaycen decided it would be a good idea to slip off the side of the patio and hit the side of the concrete pad face first. I was sure when I picked him up we were going to be headed to the ER. It bled really bad and I kept saying.. should we take him in, will he be ok? Times like these you sure hate being the parent and trying to make the decision to take them in to the doctor or not. Well we didnt take him in and the bleeding stopped. The next day is when I got these pictures. His two front teeth almost went completely through his top lip. We dont know yet but we will see if his teeth got hit enough that they will die. Poor kid, he sure has been a trooper and not complained about it since. Britt nicknamed him 'Beaker' because he looks like he has a beak instead of a lip. Poor kid!
Saturday the 3rd we started with a delicious apple pancakes breakfast, YUMM-O!! Then headed off to the Ashton Parade. One word describes the parade.... BBRRRRRRRRRRR!!! I couldnt get over the fact that is was only 50 degrees and everyone was wearing long pants and jackets. Just didnt feel like the fourth of July.
After the parade we headed up to Warm River to feed the fish. They were huge this year and lots of them. This is a tradition after the Ashton Parade.




The fam wanted to check out Mesa Falls and we havent been up there is a couple years (which is so sad because I just love it there, so pieceful).
After Mesa Falls it was back the the Briggs' for the annual bbq with family & friends. I think I ate myself sick that day... well lets just say all weekend for that matter ;) The kids had fun with their squirt bottles for water fights and the white trash redneck slip n' slide.
About 8:30 that night we headed down to the very annual fireworks in Idaho Falls courtesy Melaleuca Fireworks. Sunday was a day of rest... and rest we did :)
Monday Heidi, Jamey and Cedes were still here. So we loaded up and went out to the Sand Dunes for a litte fun. It was a bit windy but we didnt let that spoil our fun. The boys and I hung around the Egin Lakes and rode the dunes just around the lakes while the others took a ride on the big dunes. The boys had so much fun splashing and wadding around in the water.
What a great weekend. We had so much fun and are now in recovery ;) Thanks Briggs' family for a fun and very rememberable 4th of July!!






























0 comments:
Post a Comment