Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Best of Brothers!

The best "toy" that entertains all day long, and again the next day.... the laundry basket!!!

Recently Keyton and Kaycen have been playing good together. Every now and then Keyton still lets Kaycen know he is the bigger brother. But thats to be expected. Keyton also is getting better about sharing. It is so cute to watch him share his favorite popsicle with Kaycen. Kaycen begs like a cute little puppy dog and Keyton loves it. Kaycen is getting closer every day to walking. We have been working each day on this. Kaycen is so proud when he walks back and forth between Britt and I. I dont know how it is with other Mom's but I have noticed with my second baby I am not so crazy about my baby reaching milestones too quickly. Keyton was walking around 10 months old. Kaycen is almost one and is not walking yet. Could this be because I want to keep him little or is it that I cant put all my attention and time making sure to practice every little thing with him? I felt a little guilty as I was thinking about this the other day, that each kid will get a little less attention because I will have to share my time with more kids. How the heck do all those mothers that have 10 kids raise good kids! I must have her book!



Kaycen has been starting to repeat sounds that actually mean something lately. Like when we are leaving and getting him in his car seat he says "Goh" for go. And when we see pictures or a dog he says "Gah, then his makes a kiss kiss noise like he is calling the dog" I love this. In the picture above he is saying "Ya" and then he will point his finger. He also has the "Da Da" for Dad and the "Ma" for Mom down. He has been using those words for awhile though. Kaycen also loves to be outdoors almost as much as Keyton. If I get near a door that leads outside and walk past it he immediately lets me know that he wanted to go outside. Lately we have been spending a lot of time outside. The last few days... rain! Its hard to keep these boys cooped up on rainy days.

0 comments: