Kaycen on July 2nd about put both front teeth through his bottom lip and suffered with a fat lip for a few days. He was such a trooper though, didn't complain much.
Less than 5 days later Keyton and Kaycen were jumping on my bed and Kaycen ate the foot board. I didn't see it but he bled twice as much as the first injury. I was sure stitches were in order for this injury. Once I got the bleeding under control it took my brother (who is a P.A.) stopping in and then Kaycen would let us look at how bad it was.. well stitches definitely were not going to fix it. I was thankful for not having to visit the ER again. When he fell it scrapped the skin/gums just above his teeth up pretty far. Looks way worse than it is. I wanted to get a pic just because I couldn't even believe he got hurt again in the same place.
![]() |
| See the black right above his teeth (that is the exposed gums that bled like crazy) |
A couple days later he was outside running around and tripped once over the hose but caught himself with his hands. Well needless to say the second time he was running a little faster and didn't have enough time to catch himself from eating the dirt. Unfortunately he cut open an old tooth wound from the first fall..
I think I need to invest in a helmet or mouth guard. He sure is trying to knock out some teeth.
Keyton had to go to the dentist last Thursday because he had a tooth that had an exposed nerve. I think I was more nervous about it than he was. The laughing gas did its work and actually put him right to sleep. I think it made them nervous (because I sure was) and the dentist kept doing everything he could to wake him up and he just wouldn't. After about 5 minutes with just oxygen he was just taking a nap and we could wake him enough then he would go back to sleep. They quickly hurried to finish and when they were done he woke up. It was like a dream come true visit for a mom. He didn't remember a thing. The worst is over and know just have to go back in for a couple more little cavities. They told him he was their poster board child because of how great he was. He didn't even move at all when they numbed him and that's the worst part I think. Well since he was numb for hours I bought him a milkshake and he was really good about not biting his cheek so I let him go off and play instead of staying right by me. 10 minutes later he came back and had chewed his lip raw. Poor kid, it hurt and took 2 weeks to heal completely. Please oh, please, let the mouth injuries heal :)
The second picture is the face Keyton would pull when we asked to see his lip. Britt would just bust out laughing every time. So glad its all healed!










0 comments:
Post a Comment