Monday, January 4, 2010

Fun in the Snow


12/30/09 ~ Keyton decided he needed to go out and enjoy some new snow.


Helping Dad plow the snow.

1/1/10 ~ Some New Years Day fun! The boys were 'eating it up' (as Britt calls it) They were so fun to watch and even I got on the sled a few times. It was like being a kid all over again. It brought back memories of my Dad taking me and a friend down the back roads of St. Anthony pulling us behind his pickup on sleds. Oh the good old days, lol. I think this would be considered child endangerment these days.

Kaycen rode with Britt most of the time. But also loved the sled. Later that day we went to the Briggs and had prime rib, crab and shrimp dinner. Yum. What an absolute great day to start the New Year!!





1/2/10 ~ The day after New Years Britt and I went with some friends to Wade Lake ice fishing.

On the snowmobile ride in we saw a herd of elk. At the lake there was a bald eagle nest in the top of an old dead tree. Then on the way out we saw a few deer. I love the outdoors!

This is a picture of part of the lake. There was mountains all around it. It was so beautiful that day. The clouds would separate long enough for the sun to come out and warm us up and then back behind the clouds.

These our the ice shannies. The green one is ours.

And my hole inside with the heater. It was so cool because I could look down the hole and actually see the fish swim by and bite at my jig. And I can't forget... I caught the most fish that day :) I think I had three times as many bites as I did hooking the fish and getting it out of the hole. It was so fun and I was so glad Britt took me along.

Britt waiting for the 'big one'

Here is a picture of one of my fish. Britt fileted them all out for a fish fry tonight!

0 comments: