Monday, August 3, 2009

Still? -- and a reply

Ok, so its been 3 months since I quit nursing and I STILL am up and down with hormones!! My hair has finally stopped falling out.. which is a sad day because I already have a TON of hair. I didn't think it would take this long for my body to get back on track. Britt is about to trade me in for a new wife ;) One minute I am happy and the next mad. Seriously! Then one week I break out like I am a teenager again and it takes me 2 weeks to clear up, then before I am enjoying clear skin its back to the break out again. I guess this would answer my question why I have only lost 10 pounds in 2 months. I guess I cant complain there though, I usually gain 15 pounds after I quit nursing. Anyone have any magical remedies to make me normal again??

COMMENT: I forgot to mention.... I also had the Mirena (IUD) inserted 6 weeks after Kaycen was born. Took about 4 months to feel ?normal? if thats what you would call it, then I have been feeling this way for awhile, and got worse when I quit nursing... thinking it was my hormones trying to adjust. Not thinking it could be my birth control... but I thought birth control helped with clear skin? Talked to my sister-in-law later after I posted the above... she has been telling me for a long time that everyone she knows has the same feelings or worse. So I think I have some serious thinking/praying to do. Right now I don't have any medical insurance so if I did have it removed then I would have to pay in full, then there is that possibility of getting pregnant with no insurance might I remind. Britt's work is changing insurance companies next month and so I would either have to get on board then, or wait until next Sept. to get on and then start thinking about another baby. Right now I am so overwhelmed hormones, kids, work, Britt having surgery this winter on his ankle again, and everything else... I really don't feel like its a good time to add another baby to the kayos. Like I said... I have some serious thinking/praying to do.

As I was typing my reply this quote came into my head..

"I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it."

4 comments:

Nick and Marci Jensen Family

ZOLOFT......seriously. if i don't take mine i am one HUGE crazy person....i still am on zoloft, but not near as bad when i'm on my crazy pills....

Crowther Family

Zoloft, zoloft, zoloft. I always take it when I am pregnant and after for about 4 months. I never go through post pardum or break outs. You do have 2 boys so having a flip out day is normal but the zoloft makes it so you have more patience. Travis will take mine sometimes and he swears by it. Its a miracle drug. Ask the OB

Mik's Jewelry Shop

Agree with the above, I didn't ever realize I needed it until I looked back after having Owen and realizing I cried every night to Mike for like 2-3 weeks after he was born. Sorry you're feeling like that, but it really helps a lot.

Melissa Voss

I'm on Zoloft too. Cuz I was pretty ornery and irrational! Dr. Meredith swears by it! By the way.. I have an award on my blog for ya if you'd like it! Just stop by it.:) Oh and when are we going to the spray park!?!