Saturday, November 7, 2009

Quote's about Boys

You would think I was pregnant or something ;) Britt left for the weekend to Salmon Steelhead fishing with a friend. Well the boys and I have been hanging out keeping busy. I have been going through very old pictures, scrapbook stuff, and throwing away stuff I know that I will never use again or care to have. Like I said.. .you would think I was nesting or something, lol. Anyways, found these fun vellum "Quote Stacks" (Its all about boys) and wanted to share some of my favorites. If I was crafty I would use them in some creative way. Feel free to take any you like and use them anyway you would like :)

This one makes me a little baby hungry...

A beautiful treasure, more precious than gold. My own baby boy, to love and to hold.

Boys are found everywhere on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. A boy is truth with dirt on its face, beauty with a cut on its finger, wisdom with bubble gum in its hair, and the hope of the future with a frog in its pocket. ~ Alan Marshall Beck

BOY: a noise with dirt on it.

All for one and one for all My brother and my friend What fun we have The time we share Brothers 'til the end.

Life is either a daring ADVENTURE or nothing. ~ Helen Keller

As long as there are little boys for mischief and mud pies, for charming you, alarming you, and coaxing lullabies. As long as there are little boys so busy everywhere, Your world is sure to be a happy, loving place to share.

I have been really a crazy, slacker, grouchy, bad mom lately with everything thats been happening over the last few months. With being busy at The Haunted Mill and then the actually season, my billing job I do at home part-time, selling Scentsy, and all the stay-at-home duties of a mother. I was feeling way overwhelmed and about ready to go check myself into the local Blackfoot South (crazy person) institute when I asked Britt for a blessing. I cant even express in words how it immediately helped me. The next day I was more patient with the boys than I have been in over 2 months. I felt like I could actually accomplish things and spend the time I wanted to with the boys. I have felt since then that I have been drawing back closer to Britt and the boys and not floating off in insanity world. I think that part of my almost break-down last week was that I had my Mirena (IUD) removed. Not because we want a baby anytime soon, just because I feel like its half of my anxiety/patience issues and more. So my hormones have been crazy trying to get back on track. I am just thankful that Britt has the priesthood and can help any one of us in times of need. Finding this little quote book has also made me take a step back and realize what fun, great boys I have and how thankful I am to be able to stay at home with them. Here's to changing my old habits of yelling, crazy, slacking, insane ways to positive, patient, happy, loving Mom!

1 comments:

Stephanie

Oh Crystal, I know how it feels to be a a crazy, slacker, grouchy, bad mom sometimes. It happens to us all. This whole mom thing is a tough business and we're all learning as we go. It's just nice that we get to start over every morning. And how great to have the blessings of a the priesthood! I'm glad that you have that available to you. It sure does come in handy. Hang in there. You're a great mom!